School councils play a key role in Victorian government schools. Participating as a school council member is a rewarding and challenging experience. The school council supports the principal to provide the best possible educational outcomes for students. Please click here for School Council parent information.
School councils have three main responsibilities:
- Finance – overseeing the development of the school’s annual budget and ensuring proper records are kept of the school’s financial operation.
- Strategic Planning – participating in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan.
- Policy Development and Review – developing, reviewing and updating policies that reflect a school’s values and support the school’s broad direction outlined in its strategic plan.
Other key functions of school councils include:
- raising funds for school-related purposes
- maintaining school grounds and facilities
- entering into contracts
- reporting annually to the school community and the Department
- representing and taking the views of the community into account
- regulating and facilitating after-hours use of school premises and grounds
- operating a children’s service at the school
2023 School Council Members –
Vice President – Mr David Clark
Treasurer – Ms Helena Gaertner
Parent Council members – Mr Bain Attwood, Ms Laura Murphy, Ms Rashi Prasad, Mr Kihun Ram and Mr David Loiacono
Staff Members – Ms Sharon Wildermuth, Ms Suada Dzaferovic, Mr Luke Fletcher and Ms Elizabeth Exintaris