Foundation 2024 Enrolment
The Department of Education (DE) has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Toorak Primary School.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage (available from 24 April 2023).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Toorak Primary School from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school at firstname.lastname@example.org or book a school tour to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process.
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 24 April 2023).
- Submit enrolment documents for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023 .
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023.
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023.
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
Enrolment Grade 1 to Grade 6
All families are encouraged to enrol at their neighbourhood school. Please click here for more information. If you would like to enrol your child at Toorak Primary School for 2023, please contact the school on 9827 2959 or complete an expression of interest form and email to email@example.com.
Additional Enrolment Documentation:
For Australian born students, we require a current immunisation certificate and an original birth certificate.
For international born students, we require a passport, current Visa Sub-Class and an immunisation certificate. Please note, students holding certain types of visas need to be enrolled via the International Student Unit. If you do not have the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register certificate, you must take all your immunisation records to the Stonnington City Council offices, corner of Chapel Street and Greville Street in Prahran.
Birth certificate and visa info
How to choose a School and Enrol
Frequently asked Enrolment Questions
Enrolment Information Collection Statements
Collection Statement: enrolments – privacy information for parents, guardians and carers
Collection Statement: primary school – privacy information for parents, guardians and carers
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.
For more information, you can:
- visit School zones for answers to frequently asked questions
- call the School Provision and Establishment Division via the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) on 1800 896 950
- email the VSBA at firstname.lastname@example.org